View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 05:50 PM
Derek Klepp

Chris I have been fortunate to upgrade many of my toys and have far too many cameras all which have there uses.If i was to keep one it would be the Canon 1dx mk2 which I realise is far to expensive for most people to justify. Based on all the others the Canon 5Dmk 4 is probably the best pick for all round or perhaps a new 5DMk3 if you can still get one..The 6Ds are good but not as robust as the 5Ds and all my older ones have many hot pixels from long exposures and lots of work.I was not overly impressed with the 6DMk2 compared with the original on picture quality.
As you do a multitude of different photo scenarios the 5DMk4 covers nearly all bases.
Back to your original question though I chose the 1Dx Mk 2 because I predominately shoot in low light and I have a life long afflction to birds and this camera has exceptional ability in those areas.My number of keepers is higher all thing being equal.If I did not get this I would have gone for the 5Dmk4.I don,t have one as I also have a 5Ds for high resolution work but you have to get everything perfect to take full advantage of those 50mp.
Hope this helps . Derek