Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin66 View Post
Tareq,
Welcome on board!
What equipment are you currently using?
What's your area of interest?

Hi Ken,
Thank you very much for welcoming!

There is equipment for terrestrial photography and there is astronomy, so which one of those you are asking equipment about?
I think as long i am in an astro forum then it is about astro equipment, then i have the following:

- Mount: SkyWatcher AZ-EQ6
- Telescope: Skywatcher StarTravel 80 Achro [or as they call it, ST80], my only scope for poor user
- Camera: i will mention only the astro ones, QHY163M, QHY5L-II-M, and ASI120MC which is damaged internally for power issue
- Filters: Astrodon Ha 5nm 1.25", Skywatcher UHC/OIII visual 1.25", Baader Contrast Boost and Neodymium S&M filters 1.25"

Anything else just ask and i will give more details.

What areas of astro i am interest in? Well, i was mainly looking for DSO only, but very quick i added planetary, then i also added solar, lunar isn't a deal because it is very easy to do even with simple camera and i already had enough of the moon, so, i am trying slowly to grow my equipment to cover all these sooner or later, i just started this year [2017] and it sounds i am growing very very faster, many getting what i have in years not in one or less than 1 year, so i hope i am done soon and can spend years with current gear rather than i keep upgrading every year, it is like i pay once, sure there are much much better or more expensive gear out there, so i can't afford too many thing expensive at once, now the only thing in my equipment i need to upgrade, well, let's say to buy new rather than upgrade is more telescopes, so this is my plan for next year.

Forgive my English, it is not my first language as you can see, but spending years using it made me to improve, but the point is that you can understand me and i can communicate enough with you.

Thanks,
Tareq