View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Calibos (Keith)

Don't want to rain on your parade mate but I would have thought that the functionality you are talking about isn't very accurate. I played around with it myself and while its kinda neat, I can't imagine using it to feed co-ordinates to the argo. (We are talking about the hold the iphone to the sky mode aren't we?)

Where SV on your iPhone in combo with the argo would come into its own is the planetarium aspect. Seeing whats in the area on screen, selecting a new object and feeding the push-to info to the argo. ie. not having to use the scroll wheel navigate the catalogues.

In my case, I have a 16" Lightbridge and am waiting to find time to fit my servocat and Sky Commander DSC. I received my Sky-Fi just after Christmas. I am as excited as you though about getting it all working together with SV and my iPhone. Not that it would be very useful for actually selecting targets but I'll definately be giving the 'hold to sky' mode you are talking about a try. I wonder can I get the scope to follow the SkyVoyager onscreen cursor. If that were possible I could hold the phone up and watch the scope mirror my movements of the iPhone