View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 11:17 AM
wasyoungonce (Brendan)
Certified Village Idiot

Ok we have the PCB layout pretty much wrapped up and ready, looking at connectors.

We really looked at D sub DB9 mainly due to the fact we could get an IP67 sealed version, ideal for our needs. Pretty much all DB9, sealed D sub (IP67) have the seal on the front face. Given most if not all are around 39mm across the face width...this means we need a space of 39mm to mount this. The bottom of the G106 case is 30mm.

We could not fit it on the bottom of the case without major metal excavations. Nor does fitting it on the lid (or base of case) work given the dimension and where it would sit in relation to the PCB.

About the only connectors I see that will fit and are IP67 are Hirschmann CM series. Here is a 6 way that I think will fit. 19mm dia hole, 23mm centre for mount holes (this might be too big and interfere with the lid flange?), IP67, has a flange seal. We could fit it at the bottom base of the case, "I think" ?

Any ideas appreciated as we are getting closer to making the PCBs, thus we need a decision soon'ish. Jaycar has a similar but in round style, here and here not sure on dimensions though.

I'll upload the Hirschmann CM data sheets to the Cam86 google site.

Brendan

edit:
Actually there is a whole swag of IP67, 5 and 6 way mini sockets at the major suppliers, RS etc. I started to upload some datasheets...but there are too many types. Best to look at them and narrow ideas down. Many will fit out needs, size, IP rating, current and number of ways.

Last edited by wasyoungonce; 11-08-2016 at 12:04 PM.