View Single Post
Old 23-04-2006, 04:43 PM
Shacky
Custom User Title :D

Steve, thanks for the help matey.

I have a friend at a shop that got me a discount on the Bushmaster 114-900. I ended up getting it for $179 (RRP $399)

Not too bad for my first scope. It has a 4mm, 12.5mm & 20mm eyepiece. They 12.5mm & 20mm are fine, but the 4mm seems to be out of focus (maybe it has too much magnification or the atmospheric conditions weren't ideal for this level of magnification)

Although the mount seems a little wobbly, it seems to be a great little (not really that little) telescope.

Now I just have to get used to how to use it etc. I have no idea of what declination, right assention or the flux capacitor do I suppose I am just going to have to read up on how to set it up and then work out how to read star charts and use the Cartes Du Ciel program.

Quite typically, the first night I had it set up, it was totally overcast. So i just spent a little while focusing on a distant street light and calibrating the sighting scope. Then last night there were patches of very clear sky which enabled me to get a reasonably clear view of Jupitor with the 12.5mm eyepiece. It was quite exciting to be honest. I can't wait till the night is clear enough to have a good gander at the moon

I have a Canon EOS 300D digital SLR that I am going to hook up to the telescope with a t-bar adaptor and purchase a motor drive to take some astronomical photographs.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what eyepieces or accessories I should get as the 4mm doesnt seem to focus properly?