View Single Post
Old 15-06-2019, 12:08 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Hi Peter
Here (at 5 Tabby) there are 4 of 300 (approx actually 290 or 280??) running a 12 volt system with a 1100 amp hour battery bank. The batteries are the gel type..so probably 300 amp hoirs available without taxing the bank..they have not let us down... check Rainbow Power Company but I think they are a little under $5,000.
I have an inverter (suitable for stand alone not a grid conected set up) and separate charger set up...buying the two in one in 12 volt is not as cheap so dont fall for two in one if 12 volt...however two in one if you go 24 volt or 48 volt is a different matter.. my charger cost around $500 ( you need a different charger for gel) but why would you need one as I doubt you would use a genny...the inverter I think was around $1200 and I think it is about 3000 watts...With this stuff work things out in amps as to work on watts...kilo watts..makes systems sound much much better than they really are...in my view.

Ask of the tesla battery..but what do you deliver in the amps I use..ie how many amps at a particular voltage.. .I bet they wont match my gel batteries for price☺
I suggest if you have grid dont bother but heck I could do it for half what you are looking at...also if you are on grid I have some panels and an inverter suitable for the grid connection which I would be happy to sell and convert the cash into more batteries...but if you have the grid just get a genny as a back up. What do you want to achieve here..?
Alex