Thread: my EQ5
View Single Post
Old 16-02-2020, 02:44 PM
JohnF (John)

One Semi trailer B-Double driver who gave m a lift from the truck stop 61 km out of Melbourne to Sydney, had suggested I put a “Go Fund Me” on the Internet, BUT as all these have been donated, I believe that the rest that I need will come in without me ever doing that – though two strangers donated a total of 8 eyepieces and a Barlow in response to my Gumtree wanted ad. Two from one man, rest from the other. Later one other Agnostic man donated all those other bits, round $750 worth in its new replacement value, – met him through an Astronomy Forum.

Total strangers have given me money towards this Astronomy Outreach, and I have not asked anyone to give me any money. Only $20 of what was donated came from some one that I do know, the rest coming from complete strangers that I met.

Also donated was a 10 inch around F8 Mirror and its mirror mount [Mirror needs re-coating], and two six inch blanks were donated in response to my Gumtree wanted ad [this is not what I wanted and had advertised for, but accepted these anyway]. Will not use these, so am advertising these as a swap for other needed gear if any one wants to do a swap. Am keeping the diagonal mirror that was also donated by him.

These to be Swapped are to be advertised in the Iceinspace ads.

So now do have 3 ten inch Mirrors. Selling the F8 one.