View Single Post
Old 20-10-2015, 09:59 PM
Jen
Moving to Pandora

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental4astro View Post
Jen, I essentially have blended the Mellish technique for DSO's and what I do with the Moon to work the Sun. I use a bight orange soft pastel to develop the disc segment first, and fix it with a fixative (hair spray in my case). I redo the disc again, and again fix it, to get a more uniform and dense coverage of the orange. Once the fixative has dried (couple of minutes), I then use an orange soft pastel pencil to develop the proms. The softer details are brushed out using a small soft paint brush to brush out the soft pastel pencil. I sometimes use yellow soft pastel pencil to highlight the more intense/dense prom. details as the orange pencil alone can only yield so much density/intensity.
Wow Alex I would love to see you draw one of these pics one day ( do you go to any Astro parties ? ) I reakon you should come to snake valley and do a few demos hehehe it's hard to wrap my head around how you get it looking so cool I can't even make my hair look nice with hairspray let alone use it on a drawing hahaha it would be one big mess lol do you use a special hairspray or just any type will do