View Single Post
Old 18-08-2019, 10:59 PM
luka
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by troypiggo View Post
Unfortunately still having trouble detecting it - getting error message "Error, no known devices have been found. Do you want to see the list of all HID devices?"
I am actually surprised it did not get detected. That first step (detection) is only comparing the values from your screenshot.
(Reading the correct values from the device is a separate story, that is the next step).
Let me know if you want to do more troubleshooting, I could send you special versions of the driver to try to figure out what was going on.

Quote:
Dumb question - I don't have any drivers for this thing. When I plug it in Windows10 says device ready.
No drivers are needed as it is USB HID device. However, you do need some software to get the data out. Usually there is a CD with some simple software to read the temperature/humidity.
For my device the bundled software was reading wrong values. I believe they just used software for their previous device which had a different sensor.

Quote:
Just confirming I've ordered a new Temperhum from Aliexpress
Note that these devices are a mess, so many different versions had been made with different sensors and all with same/similar names. Let us know when it arrives as it may be something completely different again... hopefully not.