View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 05:42 AM
PKay (Peter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave882 View Post
Wow great job really delving deep on that one! Mind boggling stuff hey. Just wondering - what bortle sky’s you at for this one?
Absolutely loving the wide field...will take me about 12mths to capture all those with my sct!
Dave
Thanks Dave. I live in a small coastal village with no street lighting. Moisture is the main hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryderscope View Post
Nice work Peter. I've just started imaging in the same area. Same as you, I was stumbling around in Stellarium and noticed a large area of galaxies called "Centaurus Chain".
Taa muchly Rod. When the first long exposure Lum. came through, I was totally in awe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Yeah cool Peter, always like a good galaxy cluster, the Centaurus one is quite extensive too. And yes, it's good to just sometimes shoot the sky, without worrying too much about how perfect the image capture is and instead just focus (pardon the pun ) on what the subject matter actually is

Mike
Hi Mike

The pun about focus is relevant. I now spend as much time as it takes to get it right. Tried your technique, but now use a EAF automated by SGP.
It takes ages.
Wish I new why that 'green algae' appears after uploading to IIS...