Thread: Triffid
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 04:05 PM
Imme (Jon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth10 View Post
Nice image Imme!
Cheers Anthony.......still need to get you up so you can check this guiding setup out so we can start spending your money on some stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Hi Raymo I wish you had posted the blue collar thing earlier than this post as my daughter and I spent ages trying to get rid of it last night and finally gave up☺
When the lappy finishes stacking which may be never given the bank up I have I will reprocess and leave the blue☺
You gotta laugh I cant wait to tell her��
Alex
Now that's funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosborn View Post
Nice image. I would never have guessed you had dew problems! Very nice detail in the dust lanes.

Kevin
Originally I had 2 hours of data, this is all I could salvage......I've since gone 'boy scout' and set up a dew busting solution you could brew beer with using a few cut up electrical cords, a dimmer light switch, some shrink wrap and a beer brewers keg warmer (told you that you could brew beer with it!). I'm too scared to put it at it's hottest setting because I think it'll melt down.......at 75% the plastic sheath on keg warmer started smoking......It works great at about 30% of full power. Cost - $30

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymo View Post
I'm glad you fixed up your tilt issues Jon.
Nice image, although the sky is too black for my taste. I suggest you
lighten the background and see which you prefer. Also the blue nebulosity is
quite a lot more extensive than shown in your image, like a collar right around it,
so I'm guessing the black clipping has diminished it.
raymo
I'll give it a crack tonite......your advice has helped so far so why stop taking it now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickoid View Post
Hopefully now you'll have 95% fun and 5% fixing issues, the issues will never go away, so let's concentrate on maintaining the fun! Nice shot Jon, good to see you posting shots again, it's been a while. The Triffid is always pleasing to look at and you've captured it well.
Keep 'em coming.
I think it is time I smash out a looooong exposure on something Mick, I've been playing (and failing most of the time) on short 30m-60m shots. I've set a personal goal to try and get 10 hours on something over multiple nights in the next month.....still trying to work out a target though......maybe Triffids next door neighbor, Lagoon.