Thread: Hard cases
View Single Post
Old 27-10-2017, 03:31 AM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Hard cases

Hi again,

I would like to know what kind of hard cases i should get for my astrophotography equipment?

Pelican is like Rolls Royce of hard cases to me, i have 2 or few of them, but they are very very expensive for what they are worth, so, are there another hard cases brands which are much cheaper?

I saw some brands or models, and specifications are closer to Pelican as material used and watertight and whatever, so why Pelican is higher price and some other brands of higher prices? i feel it is more about the brand name regardless the high quality they are.

For now i am looking for a hard case to accommodate about 3 or 4 cameras at once, the two cameras now i have are QHY163M and QHY5LIIM, later i am thinking to buy maybe 1 or 2 cameras, one of them could be ASI290, the other one is either ASI224 or the new big brother of 224, and the bag/case will accommodate also accessories of the cameras such as cables, power, adapters,....etc, and i don't want too big case after all, those cameras are small sizes after all, no need for wheels cases and not so heavy if available.