View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 01:49 PM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
HI Mike I have been a bit quiet lately been doing a bit of imaging but haven't posted anything. Trying my luck at planetary imaging this past week, and finding out how bad my seeing is lol. My 18" Newt. is getting a mirror recoat this week the old girl wont know herself. The 180 Mak Newt. on EQ6 mount has a guiding problem that I hope I have fixed but can't test as my laptop has died. Hopefully the planets will align next week and all will be good again,anyway this is a bit ot keep up the good work.
Clear skies Ken.
Meah a bit off topic is ok Hope the 18" mirror comes up trumps, you have a great scope there. I probably already told you but a mate and I got over half way through building a massive Serrurier truss fork mounted (ala The 120" Lick reflector) 18" F5 with 16.8" Thomas Mathis drive with bronze worm etc back in the late 80's...ah sigh, took most of it to the recyclers a year or so ago ...My mate Attila still have the pristine drive and 18" F5 mirror and 5.5" secondary though, which have never seen starlight

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy01 View Post
top work Mike, looks amazing - very well done
Cheers Andy, glad you like it

Mike