View Single Post
Old 29-03-2016, 10:02 PM
_Jimmy (Loren James)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshift13 View Post
I don't think there are any rules as such, probably whatever information you're comfortable with revealing on a case by case basis.....

Looking forward to seeing your shots :-)
Thanks! Posted some shots in the forum, was a great night out!http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...d.php?t=144281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
Welcome to these awesome forums

As for revealing location, there isn't really any reason to be more specific than suburb...
Cheers! Yes they are awesome some (understatement) amazing photography here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts055 View Post
Hii Jim, being a public forum, I think it best to keep details like that to yourself. Have fun, Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by janoskiss View Post
You can always give a rough indication. Longitude & latitude to the nearest degree still gives enough of an idea of the night sky from your vantage point but it typically covers an area 100s of kms in size.
Thanks guys. Just a bit more reassuring. Mark, I tend to agree in not revealing the exact location publically, just had a couple of people really pushing privately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenchris View Post
6 decimal places.... we need precise info so we can steal your site and dob you in.
I've never said where mine are taken and sometimes I don't even know what I have taken.
I'm not sure that will be close enough for you to know where I put my thermos though

Thanks everyone for input so far. Just like to be able to point out roughly where an interesting shot may have been taken but not just give it away especially if I have taken hours to research a spot that isn't common knowledge like the Pinnacles. Its good there's no expectation. I'll tell 'em to find their own awesome shot