View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 05:30 PM
diegocolonnello (Diego)
Breathing Stars

Hi John, Sgp can control observatories but in order for this to work, the observatory interface needs to be ASCOM compatible

For example. the Lunatico Dragonfly has an ascom driver that can be customized to control the observatory by using relays and inputs, in my case, i have assigned a relay for the CLOSE ROOF contact and another relay for the OPEN ROOF contact, aditional to that i have reed switch sensors on 2 inputs that confirms the status of the roof got Open and Closed position, the Ascom driver receives the command to open and triggers the relay and also waits for confirmation of the OPEN sensor to confirm the action has been performed, if this confirmation times out, it shows an error and returns an error message to the imaging software.

The device that you have can't be controlled this way by SGP..... if you want you can have a look at a software called VOYAGER, they have a sub package called Viking that connects to the Denkovi and controls the functions, that way you can freely script the observatory operation.

let me know if you want to know more...

Diego...