View Single Post
Old 27-08-2019, 08:42 AM
sil (Steve)
Not even a speck of dust

I say grab the orion tabletop dob (red aluminium tube), its 100mm).This is the only "entry" scope I've used and still use that really amazes, it punches above its level and for once comes with two eyepieces that work well to not disappoint out of the box. Its useless for astrophotography (at least for attaching a cam since it cant reach focus with cam attached, this goes for all entry scopes really). you find as you get into astronomy a small simple pleasurable scope always gets use even if you have a big expensive one so this one would not be a waste of money. I've bought it for others too, its way ahead of the FirstScope/clones which are a waste of money in every respect. plus if you use better quality eyepieces with the orion it works well with them too. Besides right now you're starting out and likely to spend money unwisely and after a few years will finally realise it so decide and spend as you see fit, until you get actual experience with using and living with a telescope you wont comprehend the advice people give.