View Single Post
Old 17-01-2009, 09:52 AM
Octane (Humayun)
IIS Member #671

I have to concur with Phil in that Blurb can get it wrong every now and then.

My mate used them and his photo book arrived in not 100% perfect condition. A quick email saw them send him an expedited replacement book (no questions asked) which was perfect in quality.

I think that is great customer service -- that a company is prepared to admit that it made a mistake and rectify it, at no charge to the individual.

Contrast this to Snapfish. I am currently trying to build a portfolio and have done some free portraiture work with the idea that my client would choose a few images from the day to be processed and printed in high quality. I had a bit of a problem with them in that they decided to go ahead and get the printing done themselves, and they went with Snapfish. The client, without my advice, chose to print a 3:2 ratio image on a 1:1 canvas print. I got in touch with them and let them know that the photo would not work at that scale, it was left in the 3:2 ratio as that is how it looked best. So, she agreed with me and tried getting in touch with Snapfish to change the ratio of the canvas, about 20 minutes after placing her order. They told her that it was too late, that she'd been charged and that the order could not be changed or reversed, even though it was quoted to her that it would take six days for the canvas to be printed and delivered.

That, to me, is poor form. So, essentially, what they're saying is that if a client accidentally types 10,000 copies of a particular item, but, they meant to print 1,000, that the order cannot be changed? The customer has to bear the brunt of the charge of 10,000 copies instead of the 1,000 that they wanted? Of course, the customer wears the responsibility if they decide to rectify their mistake after a reasonable amount of time has lapsed since the order. I can understand that their might be third parties involved and that orders may be sent from one place to another to be fulfilled. But, surely, in this case, Snapfish should have made an attempt to get the canvas size changed.

Regards,
Humayun