View Single Post
Old 22-06-2019, 03:51 AM
rsbfoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
Marc,

collimation of an RC is quite tricky but helped with the right equipment.

The first thing you want to do is centre the focuser with the centre spot on the secondary mirror. Use a laser to do this, it must be very accurate and you will need a tilt adjust for this scope. Bintel sell them if you don't have one already.

Once you have that right you will need to align the secondary and primary mirrors. This is best done with a takahashi collimation scope in my opinion. You might like to borrow one from someone but if you want to use an RC long term you will need one, so it is worth buying one. I have attached a reflection map for you to work out what goes where. It will take a little while to work out what reflection is where and what to move, but once you have the hang of it the collimation is relatively simple to undertake. Tweaking the collimation with a star test is the final part of it and it is only done with the primary mirror adjustment screws.

B is the secondary mirror centre spot.

Hope that helps.
Hi,

Interesting thread. As I also have a scope like that and want to colliamte it in future I have taken a look into it and have seen I have NO donut on the secondary.

What do I do now ? How can I put a donut on the secondary ?

Thanks Rainer