View Single Post
Old 29-04-2016, 04:24 PM
thegableguy (Chris)

Thanks again everyone for helping this newbie out.

I'm a long way from understanding all the different paths opening before me, which is slightly concerning because if I choose the wrong thing now I'll likely have to sell it to fund the right thing when I finally make up my mind which direction I'm heading in.

All I know for now is that shooting unguided is somewhat frustrating - two nights ago I setup my mount on the deck which must have moved slightly as the night cooled (or something) and ruined a third of my subs; last night, avoiding the deck, my mount sank into the soft grass and completely ruined about 16 out of 20 subs. Yes using pavers will help that, but you know what will help even more? GUIDING.

As I was explaining to a few of the people here, our finances have taken some major hits in the past week or two so unlikely to be getting anything immediately, but will definitely be hitting you all up again when the time comes. Once I have the guidescope, laptop and the necessary cables I'll be dragging my sorry butt back here to ask "now what?".

Until then, thanks again folks. Much appreciated.