View Single Post
Old 13-04-2024, 07:41 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Glen,

Does the Lake Macquarie have those really cold Winters ?

At times you probably get those westerly’s off the Barrington Tops which bite. My folks ( passed 8 and 10 years ago ) retired up at Forster in 1988 and the Winters , particularly in late July and August were bloody cold at night.

At my Dome down south it usually gets down to around 5 to 8 degrees mid Winter which is not too bad for the region.

Folk say in passing conversations “oh the South Coast is bloody cold down there” I tend to disagree , the Shoalhaven in particular has fairly mild Winters

I can understand you having a Winters break at your young age , you’ve been at this wonderful hobby for a long long time
Me I’m still a newbie , started the hobby at 57 ( 64 now ) so I’ve only got probably 10 to 15 good years left ( pending health ) which is not a long time in this hobby especially when weather and time are against you. Oh and I’ve invested or should I say spent a lot of my retirement savings on this hobby. Gee what will the kids and grandkids do with all this stuff in my later years ??

Enjoy your Winters break

Martin