View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 08:13 PM
BerrieK

Hi Everyone

another newby here, just thought that I would introduce myself. Recent purchase of 8" f/5 Skywatcher reflector from Andrews (thanks for all your help guys) was inspired by lifelong need to lie on the grass, watch the night sky and escape from reality...now I've discovered that in fact with my new 'toy' I can escape TO reality. Working with 10, 20 and 30mm (so far) eyepieces +/- GSO 2xBarlow , bought a beaut 4 reticle red dot finder and a few other bits. On the few clear nights I have had opportunity to view, have really enjoyed getting to know my scope and the sky. Husband not sure if he likes the distraction.

Decided to get a GSO laser collimator which unfortunately appears to be out of collimation itself, but found good instruction to remedy this on www.astromaster.com/articles/article.asp?articel_id=96

Have appreciated reading reviews, advice and general banter on this forum and look foreward to further interaction. But I need to get broadband; my dial up connection is a bit like two cups connected with a string!!