View Single Post
Old 15-11-2010, 03:01 PM
mch62 (Mark)

Peter I have an Edge 8 with Hyperstar and from the distructions that came with the Hyperstar3 unit it comes down to trial and error basically . When I got mine all the screws were loose but fortunatly when I started from scratch with the lens bottomed out and all adjusting screws not touching it did not need collimation. Stars are pin points from edge to egde on my QHY10 at least. I did try (to see the results) adjusting the screws to see what difference it made and found it did not require much to see the stars change shape in the corners .
Peter have you got the 14"yet ? I found even at f10 with the QHY10 edge performance is supperb with stars pin points in the corners of the field. I was shooting at F10 untill my hyperstar turned up and am interested to see when the focal reducer from celestron turns up what the performance will be with it.
One thing to be aware of with the Edge system is the rear distance when using eyepieces and cameras at F10 , as it is fairly critical. I was initialy stumped when viewing with 2 "eyepieces the stars were out of focus between the edge to the center and found that because I was using a 2"diagonal I had the distance to short. Once i got this sorted with a spacer all is fine now.

Mark

Last edited by mch62; 15-11-2010 at 03:14 PM.