View Single Post
Old 19-04-2013, 07:26 AM
asimov (John)
Planet photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by batema View Post
Thankyou all and John your images look fantastic. Did you take 2 images at different gamma settings to get different details. We are having a go on Saturday for the first time using both dmk 21 and 41. Excited.
Hi, & yes two different settings although it's not totally necessary, It just looked really good (very contrasty) when I happened to lower the gamma while previewing the live feed. Anything that looks good while previewing is normally going to present itself in the end result.

Good luck on saturday & look forward to any results!

PS one thing I SHOULD mention is local conditions etc depend on what scope you'll be using for Solar imaging. My PST is 'thermally stable' which means as it sits out in the sun & slowly warms up, you don't overly get nasty stuff happening from tube currents and/or heat shed from optics creating undesirable effects. SCT's & newtonians are terrible in this respect so it pays to get stuck into imaging as soon as set up is over, also if the seeing is nice, as early as possible in the day would be best...It's not as hot in the mornings. What scope will you be using?