View Single Post
Old 25-07-2011, 01:04 AM
Paul Haese

Quote:
Originally Posted by riklaunim View Post
Exposure time doesn't depend on aperture, but on f-ratio, and usually people want max resolution from given scope.

Very high framerate may be usable when doing luminescence imaging (with for example atmospheric dispersion corrector) - although limiting gain usually is better than super-short exposures at max gain. Here are some my Saturn examples (f/20 C11):
http://www.rkastrofoto.appspot.com/s..._gain_test.png
Hmm, yes it does but it depends on how you look at things. Ideally one wants to reduce the exposure time as much as possible to freeze the seeing. If you want to maintain a certain image scale and reduce your exposure time then you need a larger aperture. Been using a C14 at high res for sometime now. Perhaps you ought to take a little look at my site too.

While your argument is well understood I don't entire agree. I don't want to image at f20. I prefer to image at f30 and above because increased image scale means more detail captured per pixel. That means I can resample to a larger extent than at a lower f ratio. So given this you cannot image at 60 fps with this camera on objects such as Jupiter and exposure is then governed by aperture for larger image scales.