View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 03:05 PM
brenchen

There is a reason Taks are superior to a lot of the other brands. Sure you can go and study all the reasons why, or you can spend that time brush up on your editing skills and trust the hundreds if not thousands of tak owners out there - that's what I did and bought a TSA-120, awaiting for its arrival.

I can't vouch for the validity of what I'm about to say, but it's the most satisfactory explanation I heard and chose to believe: Taks are made from Japanese optics - the same type (if not the same manufacturer) of Canon lenses. Japanese craftmanship is very meticulous, very on point, much like the Germans, and they have a very high standard of QA. WO, a Taiwanese company, uses Chinese glass, although they make reasonable glass, the consistency of their products are not always uniform. It won't drift too far away from each other, but the result/influence of Tak speaks for itself.

WO, has very nice design, finish, and has marketed themselves quite well. Taks on the other hand has a very clean and simple design, and doesn't seem to do too much marketing (maybe I just haven't came across any), yet their name is huge in the hobby.

For me, I want something that is going to last, something that I know I'll be getting what I've paid for, even if that means a little bit more for a peace of mind. That's why I got the Tak instead of a WO.

If you're feeling adventurous, I know SkyRover might be something to consider. They claim to use the same glass taks use, except the rest of the parts are sourced from China and assembled in Australia.

Good luck!