Thread: Hi I'm new here
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 12:26 PM
JeniSkunk (Jenifur)

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwolf View Post
Agreed tabletop may work. Still the reason I reccomend goto is that in Light polluted skies a push to system is harder to use as other than very bright objects it will be hard to find things. A goto you can use a few bright stars to align and then your good to go.
That's exactly why I made mention in my first reply to Trung, that he should look at what stars he can see from where he plans to use the telescope, for alignment of the goto telescopes he was considering.

Quote:
With an app like skysafari you can work out what is visible from your balcony.
Can the SkySafari app simulate light pollution levels? I've got SkySafari 6 on my Android tablet, and I've not been able to find such a setting.
I know that Stellarium does have a light pollution setting. I have to set it to 8 to get it accurate for where I am.

Quote:
see my balcony setup
Evolution mount with Wo80 in this photo but have used C8 (see my best Juipiter taken from here), Mak0.sutov Etx125 ota , C6, Mak 180. The balcony is very small but I can stand inside the door and use. Not ideal but it works.
That Evo mount does look nice. Makes me somewhat jealous.
No way I can do astrophotography with my Heritage 130P, as a camera would be too heavy a weight for the eyepiece mount. Heck, even a cellphone holder and cellphone would push it past its weight limit of about 250g.