View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Lumen Miner (Mitchell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaroo View Post
Wow. Where did you hear "they're not as good" Mitchell? If you've found a Nikon D2X going for less than a Canon 400D - please let me know!!! As new, the D2X was worth ten times (literally) what a 400D could be had for brand new.

"they're not as good" I could probably site 100 references to this. I could also then, reference 110 more that said the opposite... I was generally speaking to the Canon users here, as I thought most would be. Hence I was sort of stroking the ego, as to not just get flamed with. "NO CANON IS BEST GET ONE" I know they are as good and better in some areas, that's why I was going to buy the Nikon.... I have a Nikon SLR sitting next to me also.

Gumtree had one listed for $700. I would of had a knowledgable friend come with me, on pick-up to scrutinize it for problems... as 700 is way to low, but heck they were in Sydney, so...

Listing was removed 2 hours later. Bugger didn't even reply to say sorry, wrong listing price. Hasn't gone back up yet, so maybe it sold. I would have been the first to PM the seller though. So I think they got the price wrong, i'm guessing...

Thanks for you advice once again!!