View Single Post
Old 31-08-2020, 07:19 PM
Fox

Thanks Andrew, however with the TV127is, I don’t have a finder. I am hoping that once I’ve become more conversant with the AZEQ-6, it should help a lot.

Regarding F/ number, I thought that 5x pixel size is a ‘recommendation/guide’, and I think I’ve read somewhere that up to 6x pixel size is still OK (I could be wrong...). Since the ASI224MC is 3.75microns, then say 5 to 6 will be around f/20, so the 5x Powermate gives f/26 - or am, I just pushing it over the top with ‘empty’ magnification ?

So I have a stoopid question now - can a larger sensor camera like the ASI294MC be used for planetary, or is a “planetary ZWO” best for planets only and a “DeepSky wide field ZWO” best for deep sky only? Is there some fundamental difference in the chip, the noise, the exposure range, etc. between the two types of camera (notwithstanding cost !) such that you ideally should exclusively use one for planetary and the other for DSO ? Would it be any easier to place the planet on the ASI294MC chip because the sensor area is significantly larger ?

How do people photograph the whole moon - my ASI224MC barely covers one-half the moon, don’t you need a bigger sensor ie. like the ASI294MC ? If so, then can’t you use that camera for planets, ie. it’s more versatile, but at a cost...?

As I said, my stoopid questions...
Cheers, Fox

Last edited by Fox; 31-08-2020 at 07:48 PM.