View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 01:49 PM
hotspur (Chris)

Re lens

I would have thought a 100 mm macro could have been used for astro work,but may be not.Bojon's comment on cheap lens working while other more expensive ones do not work as well,could be well founded-I had a cheap 17-85 lens which I sold when I got much more expensive ones.I often wish I had not have sold that lens as it gave me some good results for astro work

I have enclosed a image with the 17-85 on my old 300D so it is noisy,with some amp glow

with regards to Kendrick-well where to start,I paid an a lot of money for there set up,and as you mention the quality control in there factory has room for improvement,my system failed on every level,lucky I have a friend into electronics he pulled the contoller apart and it was a mess,he cleaned it all and got it working,3 oput of 4 drew straps have gone to the bin,for $500 I'd have expected the very best.But what a waste of money.

I have the EFS 60 mm Canon Macro lens I hope to give this a go soon.The below image was at 70 mm,so hope I could get similar results,Geoff Johnston now makes dew heaters and gets very good straps imported from U.S,far cheaper all up than kendrick,and way better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (SOUTHERN CROSS.jpg)
184.0 KB131 views

Last edited by hotspur; 05-05-2011 at 01:53 PM. Reason: detail