Thread: Heq 6
View Single Post
Old 29-07-2018, 11:37 AM
Startrek (Martin)

Hi Alex,
I have absolutely no experience with the EQ6 series of mounts only my existing HEQ5 Pro which I’m extremely happy with ( the only criticism would be to get rid of those stupid metal tab altitude bolts and replace with knobs, surely it would only add a few bucks to the overall cost.Other than that it’s a great mount for only $1200 or so

I have been researching the latest NEQ6R mount for the past 6 months on other forums, talking to the guys at Bintel etc... as I’m buying a second bigger rig early next year to leave down the coast at my dark site, the 6” newt and HEQ5 will be used only in Sydney. I haven’t heard a bad report for this mount and for the money I believe it is excellent value for around $2100

I think the NEQ6R will be a great upgrade for me and probably satisfy my Astro requirements for years to come

Skywatcher ( brand ) are trying their best to keep up with the other big names across the globe are slowly gaining market share especially in North America. I was in Canada and the US last month and saw quite a lot of exposure, ads on tv, Astro shops, a large display booth at NEAF etc etc.... and saw an EQ8 set up in the planetarium area in Vancouver

Anyway my 2 cents worth