View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Fox

Well, it will be very interesting to see the outcome. I hope they sell, and survive in some form. As much as I always slag on my LXD75 mount, it's been pivotal in rekindling my interest in observing.

Also, whenever I can get my scope to a party or gathering, it's always been a complete blast if people get to see Jupiter, Saturn, or a globular for the first time, they literally cannot believe their eyes and are amazed with 'that thing's been up there just over my head for my whole life ?'.

Finally, I firmly believe that the utterly hopeless and wasteful skylight pollution has had a big hand in murdering astronomy across the board. I vividly recall about ~40 years ago when I started with a Royal 4 inch Newt, and then a Meade 2080C SCT, my backyard sky from Mount Waverley (Melbourne) was beautifully black across the whole Carina-Crux-Scorpio area, and I could even point towards very low North to Lyra and plainly see the Ring M57 - yes, from backyard Mount Waverley! No chance of that anymore...

Last edited by Fox; 07-07-2013 at 02:52 PM.