Thread: Focusing issue
View Single Post
Old 18-01-2021, 05:23 PM
Rusty2

Hi Alexander !
No , I didn't confirm it by start testing . I wasn't aware that I had to do that , thank you !

I did try star testing the scope before buying the laser and found it very difficult to see what was going at the back of the scope while tinkering at the front of the scope . I guess I could use a monitor facing forward so I can watch what's happening with the donut while I adjust the screws .

I was very careful with the corrector plate as you mentioned here previously . I had the corrector plate gently packed into postion with slivers of business cards and the locking screws tightened just enough so that they were not over tight .

The telescope is very sensitive to any movement and the elongated stars were of different lengths in different shots which to me meant that it had been moving slighly more in some shots than others . I thought it may have been a slight wind but I did notice previously that walking on the concrete driveway was effecting the shots .You may be right though , I do remember being very still while watching some of the shots come through so yes I'll be doing a star test .

I was actually very fussy about setting up the hotec laser in my last session and all indicators said that it was very close . The only thing I didn't do was double check the laser dots on the mirror in the eyepiece before I packed up the gear . Yes I did read somewhere about the hotech lasers being out but the author suggested that a new laser should be okay but I will check it anyway , thanks for your helpful suggestions : )