View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 05:21 PM
Trekrider (Barry)

New member in WA

Hi all, I was introduced to the group by a friend - I live just south of Perth and have been interested in astro photography for a few years but only ventured into doing something about it a few months ago. I was always unsure of spending a lot of money only to find myself selling it all in almost unused condition. Well, I am selling it all in almost unused condition but that's because I'm hooked and am moving on to a bigger (and more expensive) setup

I got a really good deal on a second hand but completely unused Explore Scientific 80mm Triplet Refractor with HEQ5 Pro mount, to which I did the Rowan Engineering belt drive modification. It gave great results but have now moved on to an 8" RC scope on an EQ6-R mount, or at least I will when the mount arrives (hopefully tomorrow)

I'm using a modified EOS 600D for image capture and a ZWO ASI120MM for auto guiding. I'm capturing with Backyard EOS and guiding with PHD2. I'm also working on getting PHD2 running on a Raspberry PI but having trouble getting it to interface to the ASI120 at the moment.