View Single Post
Old 20-08-2014, 11:12 PM
codemonkey (Lee)
Lee "Wormsy" Borsboom

Forgot to mention my favourite part of that set up... my Moonlite focuser. God I love that thing. After having a stock SW ED80 focuser... and then having it go bad, using that thing is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunama View Post
Nothing wrong with that setup Lee that a 90º Rotation won't fix
haha thanks mate :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto View Post
That's a great setup Lee, I used to have basically the same gear and it worked really well together

I thought something looked a bit off with your pic though (and not the 90 degree offset that Matt pointed out ) - your EQ6 is backwards on the tripod!? I'm sure it's not your fault as the mount only fits on one way but I'm sure it looks like it's facing the opposite way to mine!
Perhaps they've put the knob thing on the wrong side or maybe they've changed that since I got mine...?
You wouldn't want to live too far north or the counter weights would hit that front leg!
I just got the mount second hand very recently and I was surprised by this as well, as my previous mount was as you describe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelopardalis View Post
The peg on the top of the tripod can be switched from one side to the other. I use mine in the same configuration as it happens!
I didn't even think of doing that.