View Single Post
Old 16-11-2012, 07:34 PM
FlashDrive (Poppy)
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG Hybrid View Post
Here's my muse at the moment. My Explore Scientific AR102. No.75. I like it very much. Its amazing that it comes with such a nice 2" dual speed focuser and a 99% reflectivity dielectric diagonal with the entire scope costing just $399. (When bought)
I have it mounted on an EQ3-2 which I have have modified into an alt-azimuth configuration. The mount is siting on top of a 16" pier extension, mounted onto the original tripod. I have also filled the legs of the tripod with river sand to add more weight and rigidity to the whole setup.
It looks heavy but I can lift it up and carry it around my front garden as one piece for different angles of the sky.

Constructive criticism of this scope is that the supplied 9x50 finder and mounting rings are awkwardly close to the focuser. I removed it and added a red.dot finder which I mounted on the tube rings of the scope.

Id get a picture of my eyepieces but I think you guys have seen it all before.

What ya think?
Very neat setup ....certainly looks the part ... at that price with all the ' goodies ' included ...decent aperture ....yah can't go wrong ..!!
Very good for the outlay ..!!

Flash ..!!