View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Leeroy (Lee)

Hi jjjnettie.. Thanks for the warm welcome.. I am in Carina on the southside. I am a little busy this time of year but will definatly try and get to one of the community events very soon.
The family and i were invited to a friends place in Springbrook for new years eve and i took some time to have a good look arround the sky without all the light pollution.. I was looking arround Orion for the Horse head nebula (wasn't expecting much so wasn't dissapointed when i couldn't see anything) but i did find and was delighted to see in much detail M43 Nebula. I am hooked!
I do have one question though.. I was also looking at Jupiter again and in particular the position of the moons. I have a copy of The SkyX First light Edition which is great for a newbe like me.. I shows the moons of jupiter but not in the positions that i was observing. I checked the date and time and location details in the software and they were correct and i also womndered if my telescope was fliping the image but no it's the right way up.. So what gives, is the software wrong?

Cheers
Lee