View Single Post
Old 25-09-2010, 07:26 PM
qld

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardda1st View Post
As I'm waiting for a delivery (3-4 weeks) from Astrosystems I would like to add to my parcel an Autocollimator, but can't choose which one.

My choice is between the 1.25" Autocollimator at $45 or the 2" for $89. What are the practical benefits if any for choosing the 2".
I have noticed the "Catseye" people don't do a 1.25" but do recommend the Astrosystems 1.25" for those who want one.

I have read that the autocollimator is far more accurate than any laser as it uses multiple reflections. Now as most focusers have some sort of slop when fitting any tool to it, will this same slop have the same detrimental effect on the autocollimator as it does on the laser.
As the autocollimator is far more accurate will this slop have less negative effect on the final setting.

Thanks
Richard
go for the 2inch its got a bigger image and i suggest that you change the colour of the round centre marker on your primary from a white one to a orange coloured one as it will be easier to see the multiple reflections and make them merge into one "donut" .the amount of adjustment to achieve this one donut is very little and bobs knobs are a big aid.