View Single Post
Old 17-02-2015, 12:34 PM
steve000 (Steve)
just a bit obsessed

Update

Hi All,

I cant believe how long it has been, thanks to Suzy for reminding me.

For those interested in this project sadly nothing really has been done. I never found the time while living in brisbane to work on this observatory.

Good news is however I am now living at mums so in theory I will have more time to complete the project.
In the coming weeks I will finish constructing my new shed, from there I hope to have my pier setup to pick the final spot for my scope and observatory. If it works where I am planning I should be able to run 240v to it from the shed.

The goal for the next 3 years is to get a welder and the associated equipment and practice.
Begin metal casting so I can make any parts I need out of aluminium. I might need a milling machine and lathe for this... hint hint Suzy
Get a 3d Printer so I can make any parts out of plastic.
Relocate observatory to final location after restoring it
Use observatory and take great pictures and all that kind of stuff!!

3d printer and metal casting may not be required for the observatory but they are on the list of things I want to do so I might as well do them. The list... sigh its so long as mums place needs some work but I'll get there.

I am committed to this project and WILL see it complete, I have plans on a new house with rooftop observatory so I'll give this one away one day to someone else who can continue its legacy