View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 05:25 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Is it all about the money really...at the moment I am thinking 4 acid batteries, Trojans, as I have used them for 20 years off and on... $1500 gets me 500 amps at 12 volt or 250 amps at 24 vlt...the inverter charger then will be around $1000 ...however I have yet to work out my needs given my current set up is not delivering.. the free panels has me thinking of course...heavy gauge wire not a problem as I have 30 mts of welding cable ..been carrying it from house to house for 30 years so I would love to get some value from it.. today I bought the desk top computer to the main house so I could spend time with my daughter and stack some stuff and meant to put a mettter on it to see what it draws.
But forgot..but my guess is probably around 500 watts...say 4 amps..make it 6...so a days work a minimum of 50 amps (12 vlt) so 200 amp hour should service it..but best to go for double so you could think 500 amp hours (25% discharge) will be enough...I just have to watch the cash flowing out..fire pump, ride on mower for fire management, a first person view drone..heck the way its going I will have to eat into the cash set aside for the sports car which is only a investment ...
Plus I need to get the van under a car port structure...or in a big shed..and a bigger better van maybe...

But basically I have everything I want..plus another astro camera..but thats it...for this month.

I plan talking to my neighbour..it turns out he did the solar for the shed here, so I will show him the panels and seek his thoughts. I dont onow why I only now thought of that.
Thanks again.
Alex