View Single Post
Old 16-02-2010, 08:33 AM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Hi Henry

The protector was purchased to act as a physical barrier to prevent my greasy left cheek smearing the rear 3” LCD when looking through the viewfinder, so it is always flipped down during shooting sessions.

I only flip it up when I want to look at the histogram and then flip it closed when I shoot again. It took a few attempts, but I am now very adept at closing the two side flaps with my thumb and 2nd finger whilst simultaneously flipping the top lid down with my index finger. However, if your shooting style requires you to frequently monitor the rear LCD, then the flip up flap is probably not the best solution.

I had previously tried a transparent overlay on my HP PDA and didn’t really like the effect; it looked like I was viewing the 640x480 display through a thin film of ground glass.

For me, the biggest spin off is being able to view the rear LCD in bright daylight as the top flap and side flaps do a great job at blocking the daylight. Having said that, I tend to use the replay more for reviewing the histogram rather than for a detailed analysis of the played back image.

Cheers

Dennis