View Single Post
Old 16-10-2019, 09:37 AM
JohnG (John)
Looking Down From Above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjacobs View Post
Hey guys. My name is Rudi.(21)

I’ve been directed here by a man named Renford who is apparently a member or was a member of this group. Now I’m totally new with forums, so I do apologise if I’m posting where I’m not supposed to.

He told me about this Snake Valley camp that’s upcoming, and suggested I go. I’ve never been to a Star Party and would like to join if possible. I’ll only be able to be there the Saturday to Sunday though.

Any reply would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Hi Rudi

If Malcolm doesn't answer you directly here, I would suggest dropping him an email at snakevalleyastrocamps@gmail.com or contact him as per page 2 of this thread. I think he is back from overseas.

Normally not a problem to just attend the Saturday and Sunday, would suggest if you are going to attend to arrive well before dark to set up, plenty of people to help you if you are new to Astronomy, as well, Saturday night has the Feast on so a good opportunity to meet and get to know the attendee's. The Camp is a very relaxed affair but there is a light policy in force after dark as would be expected, as I said before, if you are new to the hobby there will be plenty of people to help you.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers

John G