View Single Post
Old 28-09-2019, 03:22 PM
Ibnul_Hussaini (Ibnul)

Celestron Nexstar 8SE alt az setup with focusers/filters & others **PRICE DROPPED**

Hi there!

I'm based in Melbourne. I've changed my setup recently & I've been meaning to sell my other gear for a while now (damn you procrastination). Bintel suggested that I come here. Most of these have been purchased recently & are in good condition. Especially some of the filters & the auto focuser.

List of the gear:

Celestron Nexstar 8SE with Fastar secondary, it's alt-azimuth mount & tripod (oldest of the lot - about 3 years & everything was purchased brand new).

Dewshield & a bahtinov mask ( made it at work using laser )

ZWO 1.25" LRGB filter set, ZWO manual filter wheel & also the (basically brand new) ultra narrow 3nm Astrodon Hydrogen alpha 1.25" filter.

Moonlite automatic motor focuser - with this one you can install a reducer inside the focuser itself

Meade 0.63x reducer - install it in the focuser above ( was told by Bintel that this is pretty much the same as the celestron version)

ZWO 60280 guide scope. I bought the Losmandy dovetail bar & everything so that this can be installed on top of the C8.

Bintel Crayford Focuser

Please PM if interested

Prices below:

Celestron 8SE OTA, Alt/Az mount, tripod & also I'll throw in the Bahtinov Mask, Dewshield & a brand new Telrad that hasn't been opened - $1500. I should mention that the dewshield has a slight tear in one of the corners but I've been using it with no problems.

ZWO Guide scope with accessories- I suggest you take the guide scope as well with the OTA. ZWO 60280 guide scope & I'll also give the Losmandy Dovetail bar along with the other attachments that I had to purchase separately to install it on the C8. All this for $80.

Moonlite Automatic Motorised Focuser & Meade 0.63x Reducer - As mentioned it has been purchased fairly recently from the US (for $1095 AUD). It has a solid built, includes controller, can use temperature sensor & it all works well with softwares like Sequence Generator Pro. I'm selling it for $550 & I'd suggest you also get the 0.63x reducer that is supposed to be installed **inside** it. Reducer - $150

Bintel Crayford focuser - $70

ZWO Filter Wheel 5 Position (1.25 Inch) Manual - $60

ZWO LRGB Filters set 1.25" - $120

Astrodon 3nm! Hydrogen Alpha filter - This filter is basically brand new! The only reason I'm selling it is because I need a different size with my new setup. Astrodon are renowned for producing one of the best performing filters for astrophotography & even research. FYI I bought this filter recently from Astrodon for about $830. My price - $450

The photos are over 2MB so I just posted them on Flickr as well

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142124...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142124...posted-public/
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (WIN_20190928_14_09_07_Pro red.jpg)
199.2 KB425 views
Click for full-size image (WIN_20190928_14_06_41_Pro red.jpg)
196.0 KB219 views

Last edited by Ibnul_Hussaini; 01-12-2019 at 03:45 PM.