View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 10:50 PM
cpoc

SLR Film camera suggestions for astro and Macro (primarily)

I've recently been given my grandfather's old telescope (a tasco refractor from who knows when). Unfortunately tonight was quite overcast so no use for observing. Though I know it won't be overly usable with this telescope I would like to get a camera for astrophotography purposes.

I've been keeping my eye on eBay just for an idea of second hand film SLR prices and I figure anywhere up to around $50 would be ok (beyond that and I'd rather keep saving for the Digital SLR that I plan to get... once work starts later this month/early next month).

Basically what I'm looking for is a camera that will be good for astrophotography and macro images when in a more terrestrial use. I'm keen on getting one that is as flexible as possible. My brother got my dad's old Pentax SLR (I think that was the brand... apparently some very well regarded model). I'm just wondering if any people here could point me in the right direction either for the sort of features I should make sure the camera I choose has, the camera make and model itself or just any other advice to help me pick a good camera/lens. Even a website to help me learn more about features to keep my eye open for.

Thanks for any help.