View Single Post
Old 31-12-2018, 05:52 PM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Thanks Ryan,

I almost got hold of a HEQ5 Pro with a Rowan (I think that's it) belt mod for $550 but, unfortunately someone beat me to it by literally minutes...

I have the Lunt arriving very soon & all I have for it at present is a Manfrotto ART190 with 3 way head which, I'm not convinced is going to be very satisfactory...

I've just had a look at an Ioptron MT Pro that a chap has for sale up here at a price in my range. I'm in contact with a guy in NZ who makes a wedge for these, it will also happily carry my Meade OTA...

I'm not a patient guy ... but, I know if I can just hangon for a bit longer something will come along...

Cheers

Carlton

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJones View Post
Hi Carton,

I eyeballed the star adventurer for a while too. I seemed like it would be a good EQ entry but the more I thought about it, the more I just couldn't bring myself to buy one. As you know, I've been keenly watching you starting in the relms of AP. My advice to you would be to save a little and buy yourself a HEQ5 Pro or similar. You can use it for the Lunt and for your 8" SCT. I know you said price is a factor and I totally respect that what I'm talking about is twice the price. I just think it's going to be better for you in the long run that's all.