View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 10:34 AM
cyberblitz's Avatar
Registered User

cyberblitz is offline
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Birsbane
Posts: 50
Read it here:

Although i may not totally understand their meaning.

The most common accessories for amplifying the image are Barlows and eyepiece-projection adapters. If your telescope has a fairly long focal length (2000mm or more) a Barlow will probably be sufficient. The exceptions to this might be if you have a CCD with very large pixels (16-microns or more), or if you are seeking the most detail possible and have very good seeing conditions. For smaller (shorter-focal-length) telescopes, or for large-pixel CCDs, the usual method of magnification is eyepiece projection. By shooting through an eyepiece, more magnification is provided than a Barlow can give
Reply With Quote