View Single Post
Old 13-12-2016, 02:24 PM
sharptrack2 (Kevin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rally View Post
Yes, something like that would be fantastic, but maybe a bit over-optimistic for me to achieve

Quote:
ND filter probably not, you should be shooting around 1/250 - 1/125 sec, no slower. Test shooting the moon at approximate phase first to nail down what settings you find acceptable for exposure of the moon (the ISS will be black / underexposed).

It will move across the moon quickly so use a good high speed burst mode to have a hope of catching it. Choose whichever camera gives you more pixels across the moon, should give you more detail of ISS (test before hand and measure for yourself to decide).
Which scope is better suited, the 127mm or the SCT? I would think if I want the most pixels I would want the narrower FoV to start. But as you mention, timing and exact tracking will be hit and miss. How do I measure the number of pixels? (this whole pixels per arc second and per FoV baffles me a bit... but I guess I need to learn it sometime )

I have a Nikon D7200, 24 MP, 6-7 f/sec, a Canon 5D, 20 MP, 4-5 f/sec, and a 7D that is supposed to be capable of 8 f/sec, but is only 18 MP. Recommendation?