View Single Post
Old 17-06-2019, 04:59 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

So managed to get driven to Lismore with a car trailer.
Purchased everything I need to complete the "double cube" ...I decided to go with fibro for cladding and iron for the roof. I forgot to get a couple of skate boards when at the shopping center but fortunately Bunnings had some nice small cheap wheels that should work fine..they dont say what their limit is so I purchased 16 of them which should give the roof an easy rolling motion...each only has to carry less than five klgs if my guess as to the weight of the roof is close...purchased all the screws drill bits hinges door bolts and even two locks ..one for the "double cube" and one for the gate.
I wanted to get a 240 volt drill cause I have many holes to drill...so I start looking mmm $200 no and finally saw one for fifty..then along side that one in a drab box one for only $21... thats all I want I dont care if it breaks down so long as I get 50 holes done...at the register I ask the guy if it could be any good at that price. .he says its got 12 month warranty so you should be ok but why dont you get the "pack"..what pack I ask...over there. .its got the same drill and an angle grinder and a sander as well and its only $20...so to save a dollar I went with the "pack"☺. Three tools for only $20 how good is that☺
And I got a fibro cutter which hurts cause I know I have one somewhere but heck I need one tomorrow...and some neat clamps which will be so handy working alone.
So tomorrow its just a case of drilling a few holes and putting it all together☺ ..should be finished by lunch time tomorrow..or the next day at least...
May have scored some free paint..apparently it rubs off if you brush against it on normal walls but maybe it will seal the fibro..anyways its free.

Just got to convince someone to deliver everything that I have assembled to the van site early tomorrow..
I did not have time to get all I need for the two new piers but I can start digging the holes if I get everything else completed. ..only need some pvc pipe, star pickets and cement and I dont need a car trailer for that...
Alex