View Single Post
Old 21-06-2020, 10:55 AM
Bart
Don't have a cow, Man!

Well, I can honestly say, I don't know, although it was working when I left.

When I got there it was doing its usual white screen in PHD and not much else. I turned everthing off and run my phone cable(USB C) from the guide cam to the hub and diconnected the 1600 as well. When I booted the PC there was no connection as it turns out the hub will not allow data transfer if not powered. I turned on the hub, the PC connected to the camera and installed the driver.

After a short test of connecting, looping, disconnecting, closing PHD and re-opening, all of which worked, I shut it down and plugged the guide cam back into the 1600 and then the 1600 back into the hub and rebooted. Every test there after worked.

All I can think of is that perhaps the driver has never loaded properly and the sequence with which to turn on and open programs, all of which really should not matter in truth.

So, turn on all telescope power points and wait until everthing has received power, say 10 to 15 seconds. Turn on PC and wait until booted. Open PHD2 and connect guide cam and mount. Start looping exposures so that camera is in use then open imaging software and connect the rest as well as planetarium.

We had previously dumped all drivers and we are using native ZWO drivers.

We will monitor the operation and see how it goes.