View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 01:04 AM
Suzy
Searching for Travolta...

Great report as usual, thanks Paddy.

I've added NGC 6522/28 to my list to view.

Regarding the crates, how do you keep the dew off them? Cover with a tarp? I use a plastic storage box with a lid. Everything in one box (books, binos, torch, notebook etc, one trip, one plonk. Then there are other nights when I go out there just for a couple of objects but then end up running in and out of the house to grab things.

I've just invented a new way to keep dew off my books . Slit the top and bottom of a clear plastic sleeve (x2 for 2 pages of an open book) and pop it on the page. I did this with my Night Sky Observers Guide and even though the book is quite large, it covered it beautifully with extra over hang to boot.
Or maybe people do this already and my idea isn't so unique.

And, for an easy dew hutch, on a card table I stand a large storage box on its side. I can fit my lappy in it, a couple of books standing up, torch, note book etc.

I also cut out arrows using the sticky part of post it notes which allows me to move them around on different maps. I put the arrow next to the object I need to find. That's my idea too. Hmmm... problem is though it still takes me forever to find anything .
But as a girl, I use typical girl solutions, and a girls best friend are her post it notes. Why... sometimes my entire lappy is covered in them.

I love the NSOB book, but I found that I needed a bigger field than the finder scope charts provided in the book. So I too have needed to use other companion maps along with it. I love this book so much!

Are you getting another voice recorder Paddy?
Your notes were still excellent, regardless, by the way!