View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 08:48 PM
Hemi

Thanks everyone for some great perspectives.

James, I agree there is probably nothing more magical about a newt over any other, they are all magical. I’ve just never had the magic from a newt, as I’ve never owned one.

Doppler, I get a nice in between fL with the 6.3 reducer on the C925. Wouldn’t the 10 or 8in newt be too similar in aperture to it?

Hah, Ronato, very true, I’ll never see everything that I can with either of my 2 scopes, but sometimes you want to see something differently. Like driving to work in a faster car.

Startrek, your images are amazing, I’ve seen everyone. I’m very tempted.

Hey Alex, words of the wise, as usual. Totally agree. That’s why I only have 2 scopes, and my c925 never really gets deposed off the AZEQ6. I am totally smitten with it. Not really guilty, but always thought that “proper” astronomers had newts. (Excuse me Galileo!). I would love a 16in DOB I think....guilty as charged of aperture fever.

It’s meant to be the first weekend of the dry season here in Darwin. It’s not rained in a while, and I was looking forward to the new moon. But the clouds have rolled in out of nowhere and the heavens have opened. and I only mentioned buying a new telescope!

Hope it’s better for you guys, wherever you are.

Hemi